Monday, March 29, 2010

"that one holy moment . . . when I suddenly find that I have shed my pain and failings"

Today's post comes from the March 2010 issue of Yoga Journal. Elizabeth Gilbert writes about the transformation that yoga has brought into her life, and the ways in which even the most badly taught yoga classes can allow moments of peace, clarity, and transcendence to occur:

"There always comes that one holy moment, usually somewhere in the middle of the class, when I suddenly find that I have shed my pain and failings, that I have shed my heavy human mind, and that I have metamorphosed for just an instant into something else: an eagle, a cat, a crane, a dolphin, a child. And then I go home again in my own skin to take another stab at living, and to try to do it better. And things are better, so much better. And the impregnable vest is gone forever, by the way. And no, my back does not hurt anymore." 

No comments:

Post a Comment